Error: lablgtk ocaml dependecies

frozsyn druidex at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 07:26:01 PST 2007

Ryan Schmidt-24 wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2007, at 11:52, Daniel wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to install the mldonkey using MacPorts 1.520 installed in a
>> intel mac with tiger running on it and i've got the following error
>> message:
>
> [snip]
>
>> signals_asm.o signals_asm.c
>> signals_asm.c: In function 'segv_handler':
>> signals_asm.c:193: error: 'struct mcontext' has no member named '__ss'
>> signals_asm.c:193: error: 'struct mcontext' has no member named '__ss'
>
> [snip]
>
>> I've installed Ocaml 3.10.0 before the installtion of mac ports from a
>> .dmg file downloaded from INRIA site and i don't know if the problem
>> has something to do with this prior installation.
>
> I don't know either. I don't see any open tickets on ocaml. One way
> to find out would be to uninstall your manually-installed ocaml and
> see if MacPorts ocaml can then install.

I didn't installed the .dmg file from INRIA and I have got the exactly the
same issue. As I'm not a macports master, I did a BIG HACK to correct this
error. If you go to the ocaml directory and search for '__ss', you will see
that it's declared only in one file, which insert it because it believe this
is Mac OS 10.5 (Leopart). I just change the file to always behaves as if is
the not 10.5. So here is a copy of my terminal output to correct the
probleme:

$ cd
/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_lang_ocaml/work/ocaml-3.10.0/
$ grep -r MAC_OS_X_VERSION *
asmrun/signals_osdep.h:  #if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED <
MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5
asmrun/signals_osdep.h:  #if MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED <
MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5
$ sudo sed -i .bak 's:#if \(MAC_OS_X_VERSION_MIN_REQUIRED <
MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_5\):#if 1 // \1:' asmrun/signals_osdep.h
Password:
$ cd
$ sudo port install ocaml
--->  Building ocaml with target world.opt
--->  Staging ocaml into destroot
--->  Installing ocaml 3.10.0_0
--->  Activating ocaml 3.10.0_0
--->  Cleaning ocaml

I think (well, I'm sure) that there is a better way to do that, and maybe a
macports way to do that, so if someone now ...