binary distribution of ports

Michael Grunewalder mgrunewalder at mac.com
Wed Dec 12 08:31:09 PST 2007

Hello,

I'm trying to build binary packages to deploy them to some machines at work.
The problem I have is, that the package is created, however dependent files are not included.

For example:
I build the package with
sudo port pkg apache2

the apache package is created however when I install it on the other machine it won't run because the dependent files are missing.
Do I have to build packages for every dependent file that is compiled during the build process or is there an easier way to get a nice "all in one" deployment package?

System Information:
Build machine with MacPorts: MacBook Core 2 Duo
Deployment Machines (for testing) without MacPorts:
MacBook Core 2 Duo
iMac Core Duo
all machines run on OS X 10.5

Any help is appreciated.