sudo port install xboard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed Dec 12 19:13:10 PST 2007

On Dec 12, 2007, at 21:11, Charles Darwin wrote:

> On Dec 12, 2007, at 10:03 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Dec 12, 2007, at 20:58, Charles Darwin wrote:
>>
>>> $uname -r;arch
>>> 8.11.0
>>> ppc
>>> $ sudo port install xboard
>>> --->  Configuring xboard
>>> Error: Target org.macports.configure returned: error copying "/
>>> usr/share/libtool/config.guess": no such file or directory
>>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>> $
>>
>> Why don't you have /usr/share/libtool/config.guess on your system?
>> It should be there.
>>
>> We had one report of this before, for a different port I think
>> (there are many that employ the technique of copying that file)
>> but I don't think we ever found out why the user was missing that
>> file.
>
> $ libtool -V
> Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-622.8
> $ port search libtool
> libtool                        devel/libtool  1.5.24       GNU
> Libtool - The GNU Portable Library Tool
> $
>
> The only libtool here http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/
> Current/ is the GNU one.
> Should I install the GNU version?

Nothing in MacPorts will install anything into /usr/share, so
installing a port through MacPorts won't fix this problem. /usr/share/
libtool/config.guess is a file that, as far as I have been able to
determine, is provided by Apple and should be on every Mac (or at
least every Mac with Xcode, I'm not sure) and I don't know why it's
not there on your system.

Don't forget to Reply To All so that your message goes to the list
too, not just to me.