cdparanoia missing an option

list_usr at spacebox.net list_usr at spacebox.net
Wed Dec 12 21:55:10 PST 2007

I'm trying to use abcde to rip and encode some CDs but it's failing due to a
command line option missing from cdparanoia.
The "-d" option in cdparanoia is used to specify a device to rip from.  It
seems the macports code has removed this option from the original cdparanoia
code but references to it have not been removed from other macports (or at
least not from abcde.)  Using the macports version, the -d option prints out
usage information which is what causes abcde to fail.

At least I assume that macports specifically removed the option - I
downloaded the original cdparanoia code and the -d option is present.  If
this is the case, I really think the -d option should be left in but made a
"placebo" option so its absence doesn't break other programs like abcde.

Or maybe the -d option should just be left in - is there something in OS X
that prevents cdparanoia from being able to select a different device from
which to rip a disc?