[macports-mgr] Re: Ion3 license and possible removal

Juan Manuel Palacios jmpp at macports.org
Fri Dec 14 06:27:31 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 10:26 AM, Markus Weissmann wrote:

> Hi Pierre,
>
> thanks for bringing this up here: Mr. Valkonen's license is
> absolutely unbearable.
> As an alternative: Perhaps you can bring the port back to the last
> sane licensed version - don't know if this is useful and/or possible.
> Either that or remove it please.
>

> Regards,
>
> -Markus

	I say we remove it, the author's request of reviewing every patch
that is applied to his software and that the distributed version is
no longer than 28 days old (qualms that were both raised by FreeBSD
ports maintainers) are just not sustainable without placing
considerable stress on our maintainers and the project as a whole...
and this whole thing about open source is supposed to be about
volunteering and cooperating, not *demanding*.

	Not just my thoughts, but actually my vote as PortMgr.

	Regards,...

-jmpp