64 bits & 32 bits ports

Markus Weissmann mww at macports.org
Fri Dec 14 08:12:58 PST 2007

Salut François,

On Dec 14, 2007, at 4:26 PM, François Sausset wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is there a mean to build ports for x86_64 architectures and i386
> ones together?
> If not, how to specify macports to build ports with the option "-
> arch x86_64"?
>
> Indeed, for some ports a "universal" variant exists, but it seems to
> be only for ppc and i386 architectures.

we're currently working on this; I suppose we'll make the "universal"
builds 4-way universal (ppc, ppc64, i386, x86_64) in some future
release.
Until then you can hack $prefix/share/macports/Tcl/port1.0/
portconfigure.tcl and replace all occurences of "-arch ppc -arch i386"
with your choice of "universalness", e.g. "-arch i386 -arch x86_64 -
arch ppc -arch ppc64" for all available architectures.

Regards,

-Markus

--
Dipl. Inf. (FH) Markus W. Weissmann