sudo port install apache2

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Fri Dec 14 11:16:45 PST 2007

On Dec 14, 2007, at 12:40 PM, Chris Janton wrote:
> On 2007-12-13 , at 21:08 , Daniel J. Luke wrote:
>>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: apr-util db44
>>> sqlite3 gawk openssl
>>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>
>> This is probably related to:
>>
>> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/12040
>

> I have the dreaded "readline in /usr/local" problem.
> The resolution to the problem says re-install MacPorts from the
> disk image and selfupdate to the latest version.

That's the resolution if you are having problems building MacPorts,
not if db44 is having problems.

I would recommend removing your readline from /usr/local (perhaps
just temporarily) so that db44 can be installed.

> What happens to the long list of ports that I have active when I re-
> install from the disk image?
>
> mac:/opt system$ sudo du -d 1 -h .
> 689M    ./local
> 689M    .

Nothing should happen to them if you were to reinstall MacPorts
(unless you remove /opt/local or files from within /opt/local), but
it doesn't look like you need to reinstall MacPorts.
--
Daniel J. Luke