Using two macports trees

jiho jo.irisson at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 16:06:07 PST 2007

Hi everyone,

I would like to keep two MacPorts trees separate on the same machine
(the purpose is to have both gtk+x11 and gtk+quartz available at once,
and with as little interaction as possible). I have my old macports
in /opt/local/ and a installed a new one from source in /opt/local-
exp/. I always define the PATH so that only *one* of those is included
at a time.

However, using `port installed` always show the list of /opt/local-exp
now, even when using /opt/local/bin/port

Is there somewhere where the log of the installed ports is kept
outside of MP tree? how does the port command 'knows' where to look
for ports? (and do you have experience doing this? some other methods
to suggest?)

Thanks in advance.

JiHO
---