ion3 window manager no longer available

Joerg van den Hoff j.van_den_hoff at fzd.de
Mon Dec 17 07:44:25 PST 2007

On Mon, Dec 17, 2007 at 02:01:58PM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> On 2007-12-17 13:35:00 +0100, Joerg van den Hoff wrote:
> > since  `ion3'  actually  is a very fine window manager for a
> > certain type of work, may I ask  you  to  check  whether  it
> > would'nt  be  sufficient  to  modify  the  package info line
> > accordingly with some "wildcard" disclaimer of the kind:
> >
> > "if  this  version is older than xxx weeks, please take note
> > that this version is considered "obsolete" by  the  original
> > author. upgrade manually to the most recent version found at
> > http://modeemi.cs.tut.fi/~tuomov/ion/  before  sending   bug
> > reports or questions to the author"
>
> The name also needs to be changed.

what  name?   the  name  of  the  package?   why not call it
`ion3_x11-wm'  or  whatever?   I  think  one  should  be  as
pragmatic as possible about this: problem is artficial (from
macports point of view, anyway), but ion3 is good  software,
so  make  the  name  change, explain reason in package info,
provide package and forget about the "noise". this  possible
or not?

joerg