cmus fetch error

Gabriel Vasseur gabriel.vasseur at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 11:21:45 PST 2007

Hi,

I've freshly installed OS 10.5 this weekend on my brand new MacBook. I
installed macports 1.5.0 (the newest available at the time) to try and
install cmus (the music player). It seemed to be doing quite a lot of
work, processing the dependencies, and then died with:

--->  Fetching cmus
--->  Attempting to fetch cmus-2.2.0.tar.bz2 from http://onion.dynserv.net/~timo/files/
--->  Attempting to fetch cmus-2.2.0.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/cmus
--->  Attempting to fetch cmus-2.2.0.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/distfiles/general/
--->  Attempting to fetch cmus-2.2.0.tar.bz2 from http://svn.macports.org/repository/macports/downloads/cmus
Error: Target org.macports.fetch returned: fetch failed

I tried disabling my firewall.
I tried downloading the file from cmus webpage (I couldn't find it
anywhere else) and putting it there:
/var/db/dports/distfiles/cmus/cmus-2.2.0.tar.bz2
Of course I had done a selfupdate when I installed macports.
I noticed tonight that the version 1.6.0 (OS 10.5 compatible) was
released, installed it and did a selfupdate. And I still have the same
error.
I googled and found this forum where I saw someone had the same error
for another port last october, but I couldn't use any information it
provided.

Is it just a server being down at the moment?
Is cmus port not supported anymore?
Am I doing something wrong?

Many thanks if you can help.

Gabriel.