patch for xfig

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 20 23:08:49 PST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007, at 06:58, Miguel Cerviño wrote:

> I have been investigated on the xfig installation (I found some
> unsolved problems
> in the list).
>
> I have found that the installation have a problem with the Xaw3d
> @1.5E_1 installation:
> xfig can be compiled with Xaw3d (standar previous version) and
> Xaw3d1.5.
> By default it assumes that libXaw3d refers to the standar version
> and that the new version is in libXaw3d15e, but macports call the
> 3d1.5 library as libXaw3d (I suppose that it is done for
> compatibility with other programs).
> Any case, it produces a chrash in xfig ... (I have try to modified
> the Imakefile to use new Xaw3d library but it does not works...) So
> the only solution I have found is to use xfig without the Xaw3d
> library at all...
>
> I include the corresponding patch-Imakefile below
> (that would replace the path_imakefile in /opt/local/var/macports/
> sources/rsync.macports.org/release/ports/graphics/xfig/files
> )
>
> I hope it solve problems for other people...
>
> cheers
>
> 	miguel
>
> <patch-Imakefile>

There are already many bugs filed on xfig in the issue tracker:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/query?
status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=%
7Exfig&order=priority

Please read through those issues and see if one of them applies to
your situation. If so, please add a note and your patch there. If
not, please file a new ticket. Instructions for filing bugs are here:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/TracTicketing