$ sudo port -fcsd install firefox-x11

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Dec 20 23:03:28 PST 2007

On Dec 20, 2007, at 09:54, Charlse Darwin wrote:

> $ sudo port -fcsd install firefox-x11
[snip]
> Waiting for lock on /opt/local/var/macports/build/
> _opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_ports_devel
> _dbus-glib/work/.macports.dbus-glib.state
>
> # and it just sits there

You perhaps have another Terminal window open in which you are trying
to install dbus-glib. Note that there is an issue where dbus-glib
will not install (will hang) on PowerPC Macs, or maybe on Intel Macs
as well, I don't really know. This is the ticket:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/ticket/13448