Error in w3m Portfile

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Fri Dec 21 05:33:21 PST 2007

>RS> That doesn't make sense to me. I've never seen that error message
>RS> before and, like Daniel, I cannot reproduce it here. Are you sure
>RS> your MacPorts and your ports tree are up to date? Try "sudo port
>RS> selfupdate" then try installing w3m again.

Sorry, I can't help it. I just copied the error messages from the
Terminal window. And I had done a selfupdate just before. I usually do
that before I install or upgrade. I am now at 1.60.

I did an upgrade of w3m (which installed the same version) and now it
succeeds with the original Portfile. So maybe the port was left in an
inconsistent state after a previous install or upgrade and just the
time change of the Portfile triggered a complete reinstall. Who knows?
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org