mysterious gtk-doc install

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 24 11:00:19 PST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007, at 10:51, Randall Wood wrote:

> On 24 Dec 2007, at 00:13, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>>> I did not expect these packages to be installed:
>>> xmlcatmgr 2.2_1
>>> docbook-xml-4.1.2 4.1.2_1
>>> docbook-xsl 1.72.0_0
>>> perl5.8 5.8.8_0
>>> docbook-xml-4.2 4.2_0
>>> docbook-xml-4.3 4.3_0
>>> docbook-xml-4.4 4.4_0
>>> docbook-xml-4.5 4.5_0
>>> docbook-xml 4.5_1
>>> libxslt 1.1.22_0
>>> p5-xml-parser 2.36_0
>>> scrollkeeper 0.3.14_6
>>> gtk-doc 1.9_0
>>
>> This boils down to "I did not expect gtk-doc to be installed." The
>> rest of the ports you listed are in one way or another
>> dependencies of gtk-doc. If you'll give us the output of "port
>> installed" we can see if any of those ports reference gtk-doc.
>
> gtk2 has a build-time dependency on gtk-doc

Looking through the entire ports collection, it looks like these are
the only ports that depend on gtk-doc:

  * gksu +docs
  * libgksu12 +docs
  * libgksuui10 +docs
  * gnome-platform-suite
  * gtk2 (though I'm not sure why since configure.args contains --
disable-gtk-doc)