g95 Leopard

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Dec 24 11:10:56 PST 2007

On Dec 24, 2007, at 09:09, elabsjng at mac.com wrote:

> I'm trying to install g95 on Leopard and is seems to fail with the
> following error:
>
> Undefined symbols:
>   "_iconv", referenced from:
>       __nl_find_msg in libintl.a(dcigettext.o)
>   "_iconv_open", referenced from:
>       __nl_init_domain_conv in libintl.a(loadmsgcat.o)
>       __nl_init_domain_conv in libintl.a(loadmsgcat.o)
>   "_iconv_close", referenced from:
>       __nl_free_domain_conv in libintl.a(loadmsgcat.o)
> ld: symbol(s) not found
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [g95] Error 1
> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> I've had a look through the bug reports and this problem seems to
> have been reported but changeset 32219 was supposed to have fixed
> the build issues on Leopard. Is anyone else still having the same
> problem?

That changeset was supposed to have resolved #13190...

So you're having problems with iconv symbols referenced from the
gettext library. What versions of libiconv and gettext do you have
installed?

$ port installed libiconv gettext

And can you show me what the relevant libraries are linked with?

$ otool -L /opt/local/lib/libiconv.dylib /opt/local/lib/libintl.dylib

Do you have anything in /usr/local? Anything in /sw? If so, these can
conflict with MacPorts ports.