mozilla-dev fails to build

Daniel Oberhoff daniel at danieloberhoff.de
Fri Dec 28 00:08:56 PST 2007

Hi,

I can't get mozilla-dev built. It gives lots and lots of errors. I
started fixing some, but after an while I kinda though I'd first ask
if anyone has succeeded with it before, so that maybe it's just a
local misconfiguration. Among the things I fixed so far are:

1) some of the headers of the package confuse signal.h (they #define
some things that mess up signal.h) so I had to move signal.h to the
top of the include list in those cases.

2) the interface to freetype is broken. the mozilla-dev uses funtion
pointers with non-const arguments, while ft2 seems to expect them to
be with const arguments (moveto, lineto, cubicto...), so I added const
qualifiers in the correesponding function declarations.

another thing I didn't fix yet is NSOID being undefined in lots of
places. I just couldn't find where it is defined. This only shows btw.
when there is an array of NSOID defined. The compiler merilly compiles
pointer statements (NSOID *).

My system is osx leopard on a core2duo mbp. I took over the macports
tree from my tiger installation, but that had no problems...so far :).
I recently did selfupdate (to 1.6) and upgrade outdated successfully.

Daniel