Removing out-of-date packages

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Thu Feb 1 08:29:33 PST 2007

I just talked to pipping on the IRC channel and he said trying `sudo
port uninstall inactive` worked for him correctly when he tried again.

Incidentally, `port list` is always going to show the current version
of the port, regardless of what you have installed. Try using `port
echo inactive` if you want to see your inactive ports. Alternately
you could use `port installed inactive`, though that's kinda
redundant as anything in the inactive list is known to be installed.

And yes, if the inactive pseudo-portname resolves to nothing, port
list is going to show everything. There may be a way to detect this
condition and get it to show nothing, but I don't know if it's worth
the effort.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org