port upgrade -R dbus goes bananas, plus a couple of newbie Q's

Michael K. Edwards m.k.edwards at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 03:45:22 PST 2007

On 2/3/07, Michael K. Edwards <m.k.edwards at gmail.com> wrote:
> So I've managed to build the current gtk-sharp, gnome-sharp, and
> f-spot, and solve various dylib loading problems, but now I hit SIGBUS
> during or shortly after the dylib loading stage.  This is with the
> binary Mono 1.2.2.1 distro, which I have concluded is a mistake -- its
> glib 2.6.3 probably conflicts with the macports glib 2.12.7.  The next
> thing to try seems to be to use the mono port instead of the binary
> distro.  All I can say is, I must want F-Spot on my Mac pretty badly.

And, after some more fiddling with dll.config files, that worked.  Now
I'm running into crashing gnome-vfs bugs, of course, but at least I
grok most of the packaging issues now.  Word to the wise: do not use
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH.  Ever.

I still have to propagate some hand-hacks to dll.config files back as
patches to the mono, gtk-sharp, and gnome-sharp sources.  When that's
done I'll post Portfiles and patches.

Cheers,
- Michael