liboil fails to build/upgrade

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sat Feb 3 11:44:30 PST 2007

Looking at the Liboil bugzilla database, one sees that for at least
the last 9 months, the current version of liboil has not built
correctly on PowerPC macs.

Hence the decision not to upgrade the port, but to attempt to work
with the liboil maintainers to fix the port on both systems by both
me and the Fink maintainers, where sometimes liboil would not build
on 10.3, 10.4 ppc, or 10.4 i386.

I've added a patch file to the liboil port that was rejected by the
liboil maintainers. It builds, things run, but may break on ppc systems.