Interactive applications to be installed to /Applications/MacPorts?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Feb 13 14:08:33 PST 2007

On Feb 13, 2007, at 09:10, Christian Voelker wrote:

>> I found installed interactive Applications installed in different
>> subdirectories of my /Applications folder, either MacPorts or
>> DarwinPorts. I show AbiWord and python24 as examples here.
>> I think, the name DarwinPorts is to be phased out, is it right?

I was under the impression that all occurrences of /Applications/
DarwinPorts were meant to have been replaced with /Applications/
MacPorts. There was a message on this list some months (?) ago that
someone was going to do that. But I'm having trouble locating the
exact message now. Perhaps the person who was going to do that could
comment on this.

Perhaps it has been done and you just haven't upgraded that software
since then? You could try syncing your ports tree and then forcing an
upgrade of abiword (even if it doesn't think one is necessary) to see
if it now goes into the MacPorts directory instead of the deprecated
DarwinPorts directory.