committer's guide / portfile author's guide

mel mel at hackinthebox.org
Sun Feb 18 21:03:02 PST 2007

Hi all,

Macports (and mac os x) newbie here.

I'm trying my hands at writing portfile, just a few questions:

1) Besides the NewCommittersGuide, is there any other documents that
I can use as a guide, such as 'Port Author's Guide' which lay out
things like quality, ensuring that portfiles aren't broken,
consistency, etc?

2) When developing my own portfile, how do I go about setting my own
'development' environment? I.e. I don't want to clutter the current
port tree, and I want to be able to remove/install ports easily.

Regards,

--mel