nedit problem

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Wed Feb 21 09:36:38 PST 2007

On Feb 21, 2007, at 12:28 PM, Cedric Luthi wrote:
> On 21 févr. 07, at 17:18, Georg Otto wrote:
>> dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/lib/libpng12.0.dylib
>>   Referenced from: /opt/local/lib/libXm.4.dylib
>>   Reason: Incompatible library version: libXm.4.dylib requires
>> version 17.0.0 or later, but libpng12.0.dylib provides version 0.1.2
>>
>> Any idea how this can be solved?
>
> It seems that you have an old version of libpng.

it's not complaining about libpng but about libXm.4.dylib not being
able to load libpng.

The problem is probably that he upgraded libpng and libXm is looking
for the old one.

port provides /opt/local/lib/libXm.4.dylib

will tell you which port is unable to find the libpng it wants.

Then

port uninstall portname
port clean --all portname
port install portname