Patches for aquaterm port

David MacMahon davidm at astro.berkeley.edu
Thu Feb 22 20:56:20 PST 2007

The default path in libaquaterm.1.0.0.dylib for AquaTerm.app is "/
Applications/AquaTerm.app", but the port installs AquaTerm.app in "/
Applications/MacPorts/AquaTerm.app".  Because of this, the user is
forced to either launch AquaTerm manually before using e.g. gnuplot
or export the AQUATERM_PATH environment variable to any process that
uses libaquaterm.

The attached patch (patch-aquatermport) modifies the default path
that is hardcoded(!) in the AquaTerm source files so that the
installed libaquaterm.1.0.0.dylib will default to looking for /
Applications/MacPorts/AquaTerm.app.

I'm also attaching another patch (patch-aquaterm101port) that bumps
aquaterm upto version 1.0.1 (the latest).  It still provides
libaquaterm.1.dylib, so gnuplot won't need to be rebuilt.  Plus it
includes the default path change mentioned above.

I noticed that the aquaterm port has no maintainer, so I'm sending
the patches here.  Hopefully someone with commit privileges will
commit them.

Thanks,
Dave