a2ps output incompatible with Adobe distiller

Michael Williams williams at astro.ox.ac.uk
Wed Feb 28 04:22:23 PST 2007

On Tue, Feb 27, 2007 at 07:15:41PM -0800, Mark Duling wrote:
> It would be great if you could create the patch and pick up
> maintainership.  Making a patch is easy, Just download manaully the
> tarball the port uses, make a backup copy of the file to be changed,
> make the changes, and diff the old against the new.

Thanks very much. I think I've done this OK. I elected to pick up
maintainership, but I'm not sure how much use I'll be!

One thing: I wasn't sure whether to create the diff in the subdirectory
of the source tree in which the problem file resides, or the root of the
source tree (plumbed for the former in the end).

Also, if the fix is accepted, I assume the patch-file will reside
somewhere on the MacPorts website, which is how a "port install a2ps"
will find it. Before then, while I'm testing my own fixes, how do I
persuade MacPorts to look for the patch on the local machine? Is there a
convention for giving such patch-files a more descriptive name than just
patch-file?

> Now make a trac ticket and submit both patch files and that's it.  If
> no one notices it you could ping the list.

ping! http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11455

Thanks for your help. Universal diffs and patching are one of those
things I'd never gotten around to. You learn something new every day!

-- Mike