py-wxpython build problem

Bas den Hond lists at butdifferent.com
Mon Jan 1 02:41:13 PST 2007

Hi Jyrki,

Thanks for clearing that up.
I'll be patient...

But this brings up, for me at least, two questions about how MacPorts
works.
- Shouldn't the 'port' program have told me that py-wxpython can't
find the wxWidgets version it has to work with, instead of having gcc
stumble around until some fatal error comes around?
- Wouldn't my problem be solved right now if the maintainer of
wxWidgets had kept the older version available? Is it yet somewhere
to be had?

Please tell me if I should direct questions/suggestions of this
nature somewhere else, instead of to this list.

Bas