crosscompiling macports, how hard is it?

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Wed Jan 3 13:36:43 PST 2007

In addition, the Mozilla project has a script (unfortunately I forget
the exact name) which takes 2 single-architecture trees and combines
them via lipo. It creates a new tree that contains all files that are
the same in the 2 old trees. Any differing files that are binaries it
combines via lipo. Any differing files that aren't binaries it tosses
(can't do anything else with them), so you have to be careful in some
projects (if, say, it builds a header file for distribution that
changes per-architecture), but in general it works quite well.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org