php4/php5 +ipc variant

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Thu Jan 4 07:55:13 PST 2007

On Jan 3, 2007, at 11:51 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

>>> id like to propose a new "ipc" variant for php4 / php5:
>>>
>>> variant ipc {
>>> 	configure.args-append	--enable-shmop --enable-sysvsem --enable-
>>> sysvshm --enable-sysvmsg
>>> }
>>>
>>> i dont believe this should entail any other dependencies.
>>
>> You should email the maintainers for those ports, if you haven't
>> already.
>>
>> I've taken the liberty of CCing them on this email for convenience.
>
> Emory, I've added an ipc variant to the php5 port. It compiles ok
> and php now sees that it has the relevant functions available,
> though I didn't test to see if they work, since I have no
> experience with these functions. You should be able to "port sync"
> soon and install with the +ipc variant then.

Emory, you'll definitely need to do some testing to make sure that
these features work properly for your needs. I had some trouble
trying to get some SysV IPC working on Mac OS X, and I had to modify
the kernel defaults for my case. I eventually rewrote my code to use
POSIX IPC. Just a word of warning.

Chris