Apache on Boot

James Berry jberry at macports.org
Sat Jan 6 22:30:14 PST 2007

On Jan 6, 2007, at 9:11 PM, Salvatore Domenick Desiano wrote:

> What is the current wisdom on getting the MP apache2 port start on
> boot? My install is in good shape, runs when started manually, and
> has a daemondo that runs on boot, but the server never comes up. I
> searched the archive, but no dice.

Hi Sal,

Let's see, I just did a new apache2 install the other day and ran
into this problem too. here's what worked for me:

	- The ultimate problem, which I found by trying to start apache2
manually using "apachectl start" was that there is no httpd.conf by
default. (When you try to start apache, it tells you this).

	- Once I copied httpd.conf.sample to httpd.conf, it started right up.

Hope that works for you.

James