variants question

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Jan 7 21:35:21 PST 2007

On Jan 7, 2007, at 9:31 PM, John Labovitz wrote:
>> Actually, mod_dav_svn lets you *serve* repositories over WebDAV.
>> To *access* WebDAV repositories, all you need is neon (that is,
>> you want to *not* specify +no_neon).
>
> Hm.  At one point this was not true.  I distinctly remember needing
> to add some variant in order to get to WebDAV repos.  Maybe that
> has changed.  That would be good, as it always seemed like that
> should be the default.

Nope, that has never been true (at least for as long as I've
maintained the port).

What has been true on a couple of occasions is that either neon or
subversion's build system's interaction with neon has been broken
(entirely my fault) and so if you built subversion it wouldn't be
able to use neon and so you wouldn't be able to access WebDAV
repositories (via http or https).

--
Daniel J. Luke