VNC question

belinda thom bthom at cs.hmc.edu
Tue Jan 9 00:59:06 PST 2007

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a bind---I need to get desktop access to a machine
that I don't have physical access to.

After some googling, I learned about VNCs, and that macports has both
a server (osxvnc) and a client (cotvnc).

I've never used a VNC and am a bit worried that I won't be able to
set them up.

Presumably, the server is the one that "serves up" the desktop, so
the remote machine would have to run that. I only have access to that
machine currently via Terminal and ssh.

Has anybody done this type of thing before? Any insight/advice welcome.

Thx,
--b