fox 1.2.13

Luc Lefebvre ll at aei.ca
Wed Jan 10 19:05:17 PST 2007

On 10-Jan-07, at 12:18 AM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 9, 2007, at 18:30, Luc Lefebvre wrote:
>
>> I have run into difficulties in instaling fox (goal is to install
>> freeride).  I have MacPorts/Darwinports 1.320 installed.  When I
>> try to install fox I get:
>>
>> sudo port install fox
>> --->  Fetching fox
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://www.fox-
>> toolkit.org/ftp/
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
>> od.opendarwin.org/fox
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
>> msn.opendarwin.org/fox
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
>> bay13.opendarwin.org/fox
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
>> od.opendarwin.org/
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
>> msn.opendarwin.org/
>> --->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.13.tar.gz from http://distfiles-
>> bay13.opendarwin.org/
>> Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: fetch failed
>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.
>>

>> When I check the fox ftp site (http://www.fox-toolkit.org/ftp/) I
>> note that fox 1.2.13 is not listed (1.2.18 is though).  Does this
>> mean that if the porfile were to be updated to require 1.2.18 that
>> all would work (I suspect that there are only minor bugfixes
>> between the 2 versions) unless 1.2.13 was  a typo and 1.2.18 was
>> the version intended all along.
>
> It's not a typo. The port was deliberately upgraded to 1.2.13 on
> 2005-01-31, but the port hasn't really been touched since then.
>
> Why don't you try upgrading the port to 1.2.18 on your local
> machine. ("port edit fox") If it works, then provide us with a
> patch that a committer can commit.
>

>> I have tried posting to bugreports and emailing the maintainer but
>> haven't had much success yet.  Any advice as to what I can/should
>> do woud be much appreciated.

Hi Ryan,

I got partway.  Aplologies for my ignorance in this area.  I edited
the portfile changing version to 1.2.18 and changing the md5 checksum
to that for this particular tgz archive.  When I attempt to install I
get:

Portfile changed since last build; discarding previous state.
--->  Fetching fox
--->  Attempting to fetch fox-1.2.18.tar.gz from http://www.fox-
toolkit.org/ftp/
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for fox
Error: Checksum (md5) mismatch for fox-1.2.18.tar.gz
Error: Target com.apple.checksum returned: Unable to verify file
checksums

I assume the system tries to validate the checksum at the
com.apple.checksum website which appears to not exist (or at least be
down).

Any suggestions as to what I should be doing next?

Kind regards,