xorg port

Eduard Grebe eduardgrebe at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 11:14:57 PST 2007

Hi

I recently joined the list, so please excuse my ignorance.

Can anyone tell me why the xorg port refuses to build? sudo port -v
install xorg produces the following error message:
--->  Fetching xorg
Hi, my name is xorg, and I am broken and looking for someone to fix me.
Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: invalid command name "ui_mdg"
Warning: the following items did not execute (for xorg):
com.apple.activate com.apple.fetch com.apple.extract
com.apple.checksum com.apple.patch com.apple.configure
com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.install

I'm not sure how to interpret this.

I would like to install x.org since I'm having trouble with XDMCP
sessions using Apples X11 Xfree86 implementation, and as far as I
understand (I come from the Ubuntu world) x.org development is a lot
more active than XFree86 anyway.

Many thanks

Eduard