problems installing rb-daemons

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Thu Jan 11 14:41:54 PST 2007

Actually, it appears 1.0.3 is the current version of the daemons
library.

The problem, it appears, is the livecheck.regex in the ruby group. It
doesn't match anything on the daemons project page. I'm wondering if
perhaps RubyForge changed slightly? I'll look into this further

Incidentally, I always install ruby libraries using gem. I install
ruby via MacPorts, then rb-rubygems. Everything else I install via
gem, or by hand. I find this to be very clean - if I have a third-
party ruby library installed, it's not being managed by MacPorts. And
since gem can update itself, I don't have to worry about updating it
via MacPorts.

If you were to install some things via MacPorts and some via gem I'd
say that's a problem. But if you're avoiding that, then that's fine.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
eridius at macports.org