libtool

Thomas De Contes d.l.tDeContes at free.fr
Wed Jan 17 04:11:57 PST 2007

Le mercredi, 17 jan 2007, à 02:25 Europe/Paris, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :

> On Jan 16, 2007, at 19:02, Thomas De Contes wrote:
>
>> Le mercredi, 17 jan 2007, à 00:50 Europe/Paris, Timothy Brown a écrit
>> :

>>> It installs the GNU libtool.
>>
>> does it make some things diferent than the apple version ?
>
> I think so, but I don't know what. Well, at least the way in which you
> identify the version differs, as you see below.

ok

>>> I have it installed, and to find the version:
>>>
>>> m1:$ port installed | grep libtool
>>>   libtool @1.5.22_0 (active)
>>>
>>> m1:$ /opt/local/bin/glibtool --version
>>> ltmain.sh (GNU libtool) 1.5.22 (1.1220.2.365 2005/12/18 22:14:06)
>>
>> (it is /usr/bin/libtool, since
>> /Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall/macports/bin/libtool does not exist)
>
> No, one more time:
>
> /usr/bin/libtool is the libtool provided by Apple.
>
> /Users/thomas/bin/autoinstall/macports/bin/glibtool (note well:
> glibtool, not libtool) would be the one installed by the MacPorts
> libtool port.
>

>> thomas% libtool --version
>> libtool: unknown option character `-' in: --version
>> thomas% libtool -v
>> libtool: no output file specified (specify with -o output)
>>
>> is it right ?? :-/
>
> Yes, that is right. I get the same output on my Mac for both of those
> commands.

i wanted to know the version of the (my) installed libtool, not
necessary the one installed by macports,
and actually i thought that it was the same way for all libtools :-)

> The Apple-provided version of libtool does not recognize either the
> --version or -v switches. Try -V.
>
> $ /usr/bin/libtool -V
> Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-622.5

thank you very much :-)

thomas% libtool -V
Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-590

so that's probably the cause of my problem

is there an other way to get the last version of apple's libtool than
update mac os x ?

--
Mon CV : http://tDeContes.hd.free.fr/divers/emploi/