libtool

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Wed Jan 17 05:25:47 PST 2007

On Wednesday, January 17, 2007, at 01:12PM, "Thomas De Contes" <d.l.tDeContes at free.fr> wrote:

>> The Apple-provided version of libtool does not recognize either the
>> --version or -v switches. Try -V.
>>
>> $ /usr/bin/libtool -V
>> Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-622.5
>
>thank you very much :-)
>
>thomas% libtool -V
>Apple Computer, Inc. version cctools-590
>

>so that's probably the cause of my problem
>
>is there an other way to get the last version of apple's libtool than
>update mac os x ?

Install a newer version of Xcode (to be downloaded from the ADC website).

BTW. Apple's libtool and GNU's libtool are entirely different tools, the latter is installed as glibtool by Apple (and AFAIK MacPorts does the same to avoid confusion between Apple's libtool and the GNU tool of the same name.

Ronald