Install from most recent *.dmg file attempts to do port installs from cvs

Jason Stelzer cynic at elitistbastard.com
Thu Jan 18 09:42:16 PST 2007

On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:25 PM, Rachel Willmer wrote:

>> The output of 'port -d -v foo' (where foo is the port you are trying
>> to install) would be helpful.
>
> applecross:~ rachel$ port -d -v osx2x

> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_aqua_osx2x/work/.darwinports.osx2x.state
> is not writable - check permission on port directory
>    while executing
> "open_statefile"
>    (procedure "eval_variants" line 45)
>    invoked from within
> "eval_variants variations install"
>    invoked from within
> "$workername eval eval_variants variations $target"
>    (procedure "dportexec" line 7)
>    invoked from within
> "dportexec $workername $target"
> Error: Unable to execute port:
> /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/
> _opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_
> dports_aqua_osx2x/work/.darwinports.osx2x.state
> is not writable - check permission on port directory

FWIW I have to use sudo to install ports. However I do get the
following:

sudo port -v install osx2x
- --->  Fetching osx2x
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.opendarwin.org:2401/Volumes/
src/cvs/od
CVS password: cvs [login aborted]: connect to anoncvs.opendarwin.org
(204.152.186.41):2401 failed: Operation timed out
Error: Target com.apple.fetch returned: CVS login failed
Warning: the following items did not execute (for osx2x):
com.apple.activate com.apple.fetch com.apple.extract
com.apple.checksum com.apple.patch com.apple.configure
com.apple.build com.apple.destroot com.apple.install

This is on an up to date, synced version of macports.

- --
J.