Configure option with wxWidgets

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jan 18 22:48:09 PST 2007

On Jan 19, 2007, at 00:40, Jaonary Rabarisoa wrote:

> I'd like to install an ansi version of wxWidgets with darwinports.
> By default darwinports compile wxWidgets with the --enable-unicode
> option. So how do I change this option with the port command and
> build the ansi version of wxWidgets ?

MacPorts (formerly DarwinPorts) is designed to simplify installation
of software for common use cases, for which variants are provided.
The wxWidgets port currently has no variants, so apparently nobody
has found an ANSI version useful before. If you find it useful, you
can edit the port to add such a variant. You could contribute your
patch so it can be committed and others can benefit from your work.