gtk2/cups mess

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Jan 20 00:51:23 PST 2007

On Jan 20, 2007, at 02:18, Ryan Schmidt wrote:

> On Jan 20, 2007, at 01:33, Brett Warden wrote:
>
>> Ok, now I think I'm getting the hang of it. I believe the fix should
>> be "platform darwin 7" instead of "variant darwin 7" or "variant
>> darwin_7". Works right in 10.3.9.
>
> Thank you -- I should have caught that. Fixed now in r21308.

I checked all other portfiles to see if any others have this problem:

$ find . -type f -name Portfile -print0 | xargs -0 grep 'darwin_
[[:digit:]]'

Found a couple more:

- The lua port intended to disable readline in darwin 7; fixed in
r21310.
- The eel and eel-2-12 ports had empty darwin_7 variants; removed in
r21311.

The only remaining matches to my grep are in gnome-vfs, which says
things like "if {[variant_isset darwin_6]}" and "if {[variant_isset
darwin_7]}". I don't know if that's ok. Perhaps the maintainer can
comment, or someone else who knows how to detect the platform in
MacPorts.