D-Bus & GNOME upgrades

Randall Wood rhwood at mac.com
Sat Jan 20 05:52:44 PST 2007

This weekend I submitted a large number of D-Bus and GNOME upgrades
to MacPorts, and will be submitting more in the coming days.

D-Bus (port dbus):
D-Bus has been upgraded from 0.61 to 1.0.2 and port dbus-glib has
been added at version 0.72. This is a significant upgrade to D-Bus
and breaks compatibility with version 0.61. All ports that depend on
port:dbus have to be rebuilt to run.

GNOME:
About 3 dozen GNOME ports have been identified as having or requiring
a dependency on D-Bus (I tested for apps and libs that linked against
dbus-glib). The current stable version of about a dozen were known to
be dependent on D-Bus 1.0.+ and have been upgraded to the latest
stable versions. Another dozen or so have been revised to explicitly
depend on port:dbus-glib and the revision tag has been incremented to
force a rebuild when dbus is upgraded on user's systems. A few more
are having one or more other build issues that need to be worked out
before being upgraded.

These changes should bring almost every GNOME port currently shipping
in MacPorts up to GNOME 2.16.x specs, and the master GNOME port has
been upgraded as well to reflect this.

Randall Wood
rhwood at mac.com

"The rules are simple: The ball is round. The game lasts 90 minutes.
All the
rest is just philosophy."