problem upgrading mutt-devel

macosforge.org at monkeybutt.com macosforge.org at monkeybutt.com
Thu Jan 25 16:07:57 PST 2007

Hi, I hope someone might be able to point me in the right direction for a
problem I'm having with the mutt-devel macport.

This is on a PowerBook G4 running OSX 10.4.8.

I had previously been successfully running

  mutt-devel @1.5.11_3+db4+headercache+imap+pop+sasl+ssl

but yesterday I tried the following to update it:

  % sudo port upgrade mutt-devel +db4+headercache+imap+pop+sasl+ssl

which resulted in:

  mutt-devel @1.5.13_0+db4+headercache+imap+ncurses+pop+sasl+ssl (active)

however, when I try to tun it, I get the following error:

  % mutt
  dyld: Library not loaded: /opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_devel_ncursesw/work/destroot/opt/local/lib/libncursesw.5.dylib
    Referenced from: /opt/local/bin/mutt
    Reason: image not found
  Trace/BPT trap

I've tried uninstalling, cleaning and rebuilding the port and its
dependencies, but with the same results.  I have also tried a few cursory
web searches for additional clues, but again without luck.  Any help would
be very much appreciated.