fontconfig 2.4.2 compile woes

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Sat Jan 27 17:44:41 PST 2007

I was trying to fix the libintl.3.xxx linking problem described
in the macports.org Problem Hotlist.  I uninstalled and clean
everything that depended on getext, and then begin putting things
back.  All was well until I tried to install fontconfig (see below).
fontconfig's dependencies, expat and freetype, are installed and up
to date.  What should I try next?

--->  Fetching fontconfig
--->  Verifying checksum(s) for fontconfig
--->  Extracting fontconfig
--->  Configuring fontconfig
--->  Building fontconfig with target all
Error: Target com.apple.build returned: shell command "cd
"/opt/local/var/db/dports/build/_opt_local_var_db_dports_sources_rsync.rsync.darwinports.org_dpupdate_dports_graphics_fontconfig/work/fontconfig-2.4.2"
&& make all" returned error 2
Command output: fcaliastail.h:508:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:510: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:511:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:513: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:514:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:516: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:517:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:519: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:520:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:522: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:523:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:525: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:526:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:528: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:529:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:531: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:532:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:534: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:535:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:537: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:538:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:540: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:541:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:543: warning: alias definitions not supported in this
configuration; ignored
fcaliastail.h:544:2: #endif without #if
fcaliastail.h:545:2: #endif without #if
make[3]: *** [fcatomic.lo] Error 1