gcc41/gtk2 macports & os 10.3.9

Dave Hill dave at hillcroft.org.uk
Sun Jan 28 11:05:58 PST 2007

In article <45BC9872.90302 at touche.fr.st>,
 Julien <julien-mac at touche.fr.st> wrote:

> Hello
>
> has someone managed to compile gcc41 on latest 10.3 ? same for gtk2 ?
>
> i've added extra comments on
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/10989
>
> but even with NM problem solved, it still doesn't compile.
>
> for gtk2
> http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/10699
>

> ideas ?
>
> thanks
> Regards
>
> 		Julien

I tried to get gtk2 to build recently - see the thread "gtk2/cups mess".

When I tried to install cups-headers, gtk2 wouldn't even start building,
it said that I had to remove cups-headers!

Eventually, I temporarily renamed the OSX supplied cups-config out of
the way whilst I built gtk2 then put it back. This fools the gtk2 build
into thinking that cups is not installed at all.

$ sudo mv /usr/bin/cups-config /usr/bin/cups-config.off
$ sudo port -v install gtk2
$ sudo mv /usr/bin/cups-config.off /usr/bin/cups-config

Dave

--
Dave Hill - dave at hillcroft dot org dot uk