Weird problem with ncurses(w)

cssdev at mac.com cssdev at mac.com
Sun Jan 28 21:41:41 PST 2007

On Jan 28, 2007, at 9:20 PM, Michael Price wrote:

> I'm apparently confused. Would someone explain to me why we have two
> ncurses ports, why ncurses depends on ncursesw, and why texinfo 4.8
> and 4.8_1 didn't depend on them but 4.8_2 now does?

I can't speak to the first part, but I can speak to the second.

I had a broken texinfo, and in fixing I realized the error came about
because the port's gettext dependency wasn't specified. When I did a
trace rebuild after adding the port, the trace also caught an
undeclared dependency on ncurses. Therefore, I added the undeclared
dependencies to the port.

Here's the ticket for the texinfo changes:
<http://trac.macports.org/projects/macports/ticket/11192>

Chris