pythonw missing under py-wxpython 2.8.1.1?

Filippo A. Salustri salustri at ryerson.ca
Tue Jan 30 20:52:51 PST 2007

I've been trying to get an environment that lets me run python & the
wxwidgets - more recent stuff than what comes on my Mac.

Some of my problems have been logged under bug ticket #11165 at
macports.org.

I'm trying a new approach.  I got rid of my whole dports, and am
starting over.

dports (and a selfupdate) installed fine, it seems.

Then I did "sudo port install py-wxpython" which seemed to install
everything without any hiccups.

But "pythonw" is missing.  And that is (or used to be) what I used to
run my script.

What am I doing wrong?  Any advice?

Cheers.
Fil Salustri
--
Filippo A. Salustri, Ph.D., P.Eng.
Department of Mechanical and Industrial Engineering
Email: salustri at ryerson.ca
http://deseng.ryerson.ca/~fil/