gnustep-base-1.13.1.tar.gz Checksum (md5) mismatch

Kevin Ballard eridius at macports.org
Tue Jan 30 21:45:51 PST 2007

On Jan 30, 2007, at 6:24 PM, Kendall Shaw wrote:

>> I get:
>> Portfile checksum: gnustep-base-1.13.1.tar.gz md5
>> 531fd8a391d0159c6123e5dbb432a758
>> Distfile checksum: gnustep-base-1.13.1.tar.gz md5
>> bdc92ab7048cd1ee8c18957b750686b5
>
> I guess the risky impatient thing to do is to change the checksum
> in the port file.
>
> The file is the same in bytes between the downloaded file and the
> one on gnustep.org.

If you are willing to do that, a less invasive way of "solving" the
problem is to pass checksum.skip=yes on the command line, as in

sudo port install gnustep-base checksum.skip=yes

I haven't actually tested this myself, but in theory that should work
as if checksum.skip=yes was specified in the Portfile itself, and
that particular expression disables the checksum phase.

--
Kevin Ballard
http://kevin.sb.org
kevin at sb.org