rolling my own php 5.2.3 with macports gd2 fails

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jul 1 03:09:39 PDT 2007

On Jun 30, 2007, at 20:53, Randall Perry wrote:

> Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> On Jun 30, 2007, at 15:55, Randall Perry wrote:
>>
>>> I'm rolling my own php outside of macports.
>>
>> Any particular reason you're not using the MacPorts php5 port?
>> Anything we could change in the php5 port that would make it more
>> useful to you?
>
> Generally, if I can build something myself, I will. I like to have
> complete control (and I can upgrade when I want, rather than
> waiting for the latest port to come out). When I run into problems
> that take too much time then I'll go with a macports or fink build.
>
> If the easiest way for me to get gd into php is build a macports
> php then that's what I'll do. I just thought there might be a known
> issue that would allow me to continue to roll my own.

MacPorts php5 builds php with php's built-in gd library, not the gd
library provided by the gd2 port. I have not yet attempted to do it
the other way. Maybe we would run into the same errors that you did.

> If I can get all the options shown below in my config command with
> macports that'd be great (with path changes where appropriate):
>
>        ./configure \
>        --with-gd=/opt/local \
>        --with-png-dir=/opt/local \
>        --with-jpeg-dir=/opt/local \
>        --with-freetype-dir=/opt/local \
>        --enable-ftp \
>        --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache/bin/apxs \
>        --with-pgsql \
>        --with-xml \
>        --enable-mbstring \
>        --enable-mbregex \
>        --enable-exif \
>        --with-openssl \
>        --with-openssl-dir=/usr/local/ssl \
>        --with-pear --with-curl=/usr/local/lib \
>        --with-mysql=/usr/local/mysql \
>        --enable-imap \
>        --with-imap=/usr/local/imap-2004a \
>        --with-imap-ssl=/usr/local/imap-2004a \
>        --with-zlib \
>        --with-zlib-dir=/opt/local/lib

By looking at the existing php5 portfile, you can see that our
configure options are:

configure.args \
	--mandir=${prefix}/share/man \
	--infodir=${prefix}/share/info \
	--with-config-file-path=${prefix}/etc \
	--enable-calendar \
	--with-iconv=${prefix} \
	--enable-exif \
	--enable-ftp \
	--enable-wddx\
	--with-zlib=${prefix} \
	--without-mysql \
	--without-sqlite \
	--without-pdo-sqlite \
	--with-libxml-dir=${prefix} \
	--with-gettext=${prefix} \
	--with-xml \
	--with-expat-dir=${prefix} \
	--with-xmlrpc \
	--enable-soap \
	--enable-filepro \
	--enable-bcmath \
	--enable-trans-sid \
	--enable-mbstring \
	--enable-dbx \
	--enable-dba \
	--with-openssl=${prefix} \
	--with-mhash=${prefix} \
	--with-mcrypt=${prefix} \
	--with-xsl=${prefix} \
	--with-curl=${prefix} \
	--with-pcre-regex=${prefix} \
	--with-gd \
	--with-jpeg-dir=${prefix} \
	--with-png-dir=${prefix} \
	--enable-gd-native-ttf \
	--without-pear \
	--with-freetype-dir=${prefix}

There are variants to select between apache 1, apache2 and fastcgi
modules, and to add imap, tidy, mssql, snmp, mysql, postgresql82,
sqlite3, pcntl and pear support.

Can you try our php5 and see if anything specific is missing? If so,
let us know what.

I'm not confident that our +imap variant works at the moment so try
that especially.