Installing outside prefix

Yves de Champlain yves at macports.org
Thu Jul 5 06:50:17 PDT 2007

Hi

I am trying to make a port with gutenprint (was gimp-print) and it
will install a lot of stuff outside of prefix because if its relation
to cups (in /etc/cups, /usr/share/cups and /usr/libexec/cups).  Now I
don't think I can just put everything inside prefix unless I create a
cups port which would be just creating another kind of problem.

Now, I am tempted to think it would be better to NOT create such a port.

Any advised and enlightening opinions on this ?

thanks

yves