sorry - the previous mail was a mistake.

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Jul 6 15:00:16 PDT 2007

On Jul 6, 2007, at 11:22, Timothée Brochier wrote:

> sorry about the previous mail, I was trying to install the wrong
> file.tar !
>
> but I still get an error with the rigth one :
>
> octave:3> pkg install /Users/timbrochier/Desktop/Telechargements/
> octcdf-1.0.4.tar
> make: *** [all] Error 1
> error: 'make' returned the following error: *** netcdf libraries or
> headers missing
>
> However, I installed netcdf on my computer using fink (for exemple
> the command ncdump works corectly), so why doesn't it recognise it?

If you are using MacPorts to install this, then MacPorts is designed
to only use its own libraries, not system libraries or Fink libraries
or any others. See the FAQ:

http://trac.macosforge.org/projects/macports/wiki/
FAQ#WhyisMacPortsusingitsownlibraries

If you are not using MacPorts, then you're on the wrong list. :)