gtk-sharp / libgda (was: Re: hgf)

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jul 10 21:08:47 PDT 2007

On Jul 10, 2007, at 22:54, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> Le 11 juil. 07 à 05:32, Ryan Schmidt a écrit :
>
>> On Jul 10, 2007, at 18:11, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:
>>
>>> I'm a new user of macports, and as a trial I tried to install
>>> monodevelop.
>>
>> I don't see a port called "monodevelop". Are you installing this
>> manually then? Or do you mean the port "mono"?
>>
>>> I have a problem with it, and especially with gtk-sharp: when I
>>> try to install it (with sudo port -v install gtk-sharp) I have
>>> the message:

>>> gda-bdb-provider.c: In function 'gda_bdb_provider_open_connection':
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c:168: error: 'struct __db' has no member named
>>> 'open'
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: 'DB_UNKNOWN' undeclared (first use
>>> in this function)
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
>>> reported only once
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: for each function it appears in.)
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c:186: error: 'DB_VERSION_STRING' undeclared
>>> (first use in this function)
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c: In function 'gda_bdb_provider_close_connection':
>>> gda-bdb-provider.c:214: error: too many arguments to function
>>> 'dbp->close'
>>> make[2]: *** [gda-bdb-provider.lo] Error 1
>>> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>>>
>>> Warning: the following items did not execute (for libgda):
>>> com.apple.activate com.apple.build com.apple.destroot
>>> com.apple.install
>>> Error: The following dependencies failed to build: libgda
>>> libgnomecanvas libglade2 libgnomeui gnome-keyring libbonoboui
>>> dbus xmlto getopt dbus-glib libbonobo orbit2 libidl popt libgnome
>>> esound audiofile autoconf gnome-vfs gconf gnome-mime-data heimdal
>>> howl neon libgtkhtml3 gail libgnomeprintui gnome-icon-theme
>>> hicolor-icon-theme icon-naming-utils p5-xml-simple p5-xml-
>>> namespacesupport libgnomeprint bison libgnomecups cups-headers
>>> librsvg libcroco libgsf vte py-gtk2 py-cairo py-numeric py-gobject
>>> Error: Status 1 encountered during processing.

>>> When typing "port installed", I find libgda3: "libgda3 @3.0.1_0
>>> +with_bdb44 (active)
>>> ".
>>> Is it a wrong version of libgda that is installed?
>>
>> When I type "port info gtk-sharp" I see that it depends on the
>> port "libgda", not "libgda3". How did libgda3 get installed on
>> your system? Did you explicitly say "sudo port install libgda3" or
>> did MacPorts install it automatically for you as a dependency of
>> some other port?
>>
>> I don't know anything about gtk-sharp, for example whether it
>> could be updated to use libgda3 instead of libgda. gtk-sharp
>> doesn't have a maintainer either. If you'd like to poke around
>> with it, please feel free, and if you find something in the port
>> that needs to be updated, please let us know.
>
> hi,
>
> thank you for your interest.
> monodevelop is an IDE which use the framework mono.When I talked
> about mono, I thought mono+monodevelop.
> For libgda, you have right, mono depends on libgda, but during the
> installation of GTK#(required by mono), I saw that it tried to use
> libgda-2.3.0.0 (the error concerned a call of the function gda-bdb-
> provider, I can give you the exact message if you want), so I
> thought libgda-2.3.0.0 was a version between libgda and libgda3.
> Now i'm not so much sure.
> I will try to install libgda, and I will give you the result.
>
> Greetings,
>
> lolveley.

According to "port search gda" we only have "libgda" version 1.2.4
and "libgda3" version 3.0.1. We don't have a port for libgda version
2. If you received a specific error about libgda 2, by all means show
it to us. I personally probably won't be able to help, since I don't
know anything about mono or libgda, but perhaps someone else on the
list can help.

Please remember to reply to all when you reply, so that your reply
goes also to the list, not just to me.

On Jul 10, 2007, at 22:58, olivier SAINT-EVE wrote:

> hello,
>
> I tried to install libgda, and I had this message:
>
> gda-bdb-provider.c: In function 'gda_bdb_provider_open_connection':
> gda-bdb-provider.c:168: error: 'struct __db' has no member named
> 'open'
> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: 'DB_UNKNOWN' undeclared (first use
> in this function)
> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: (Each undeclared identifier is
> reported only once
> gda-bdb-provider.c:174: error: for each function it appears in.)
> gda-bdb-provider.c:186: error: 'DB_VERSION_STRING' undeclared
> (first use in this function)
> gda-bdb-provider.c: In function 'gda_bdb_provider_close_connection':
> gda-bdb-provider.c:214: error: too many arguments to function 'dbp-
> >close'
> make[2]: *** [gda-bdb-provider.lo] Error 1
> make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
> make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
>
> I do not know hov to solve this problem.

Ah, ok, so it's the same message as you got earlier. So when you
asked MacPorts to install gtk-sharp, it tried to install libgda and
ran into this problem.

I'll Cc the maintainer of libgda. Maybe he has an idea how to resolve
this. Maybe the version of BerkeleyDB that you have installed is
either too old or too new... but I'm just grasping at straws here.