MacPorts 1.5.0 and binary packaging / New improved Guide

Boey Maun Suang boeyms at macports.org
Thu Jul 12 10:16:25 PDT 2007

On 10/07/2007, at 17:46, markd at macports.org wrote:

> Comments still welcome on the Guide so far.

I haven't been through it in detail, but it looks good to me.  I
haven't thought too clearly about what, if anything, should become of
the old guide (I don't know if a separate technical reference is
warranted, which seems to be what the old guide leans towards).
Perhaps we can post them somewhere and solicit feedback from users as
to what they find easiest to understand and use, and what they think
ought to be included or restructured.

As for the source of your guide, which I understand is a DocBook
article, would be able to put it into the doc/ part of the repository
so that we can look at it?  I understand if you'd like to hang onto
control of it yourself (saves me some work, for a start :P), but I
think it'd be helpful if the source was somewhere that all those
interested in the working on documentation could see it.

Kind regards,

Maun Suang

--
Boey Maun Suang (Boey is my surname)